As the host of HomeOwnersCircle.com, Sales Spider will have access to all of the information Home Owners Circle collect from you in connection with HomeOwnersCircle.com, including but not limited to your user profile information, and other personally identifying information that you submit.
1. When do we collect your email address?: We do not automatically collect your email address. We collect your email address only if you choose to provide it to us when you complete the optional registration process on HomeOwnersCircle.com, or when you choose to opt in to one of our online offers.
2. How do we use your email address?: If you choose to provide us with your email address, we may send emails to you with information relevant to you as a Home Owners Circle member and from third party advertisers to call your attention to products and offers we believe might interest you. In addition, other registered users with HomeOwnersCircle.com and the Sales Spider Network will have the ability to email you to make offers and correspond with you, although all such emails will be transmitted through our servers and not directly from such users (unless you specifically provide your email address to any particular user(s)).
3. Can you opt out of receiving emails?: If you prefer not to receive direct communications sent by us, you can opt out by changing your Email Settings [My Account>E-Mail Options] within your personal account in Home Owners Circle or by clicking the "Unsubscribe" button included on the bottom of every email you receive from us. If you prefer not to receive communications from our Home Owners Circle, or advertisers or other third parties, you can choose to opt out by clicking the "unsubscribe link" at the bottom of every email sent. If you choose to opt out, you will not receive email or other communications sent directly by us or our advertisers utilizing information collected from HomeOwnersCircle.com. However, if you provide your personal information as part of your User Profile and you elect to receive notifications when other users communicate with you, you will continue to receive emails from other users. Those emails are transmitted via our servers so they will still retain the Home Owners Circle designation, even though they are sent by other users and not by us.
4. How to opt out of emails: You can opt out of receiving emails by clicking the "Unsubscribe" button included on the bottom of every email you receive from us. You may also pick and choose which emails you wish to receive by changing your "Email Options" under the "My Account" drop-down menu iin the top left corner of your logged-in screen.
We do not automatically collect any personally identifying information from visitors to HomeOwnersCircle.com. When you register for the HomeOwnersCircle.com and create a user profile, you will be required to supply certain personally identifying information, including but not limited to your name, zip code, state, company name, and company size ("User Profile Information"). You will also be required to supply your email address and a password. Your email and password will not be displayed in your User Profile Information or revealed to third parties unless you specifically provide that information within your User Profile. If you do not want your personally identifiable information collected by HomeOwnersCircle.com, you may browse HomeOwnersCircle.com without registering.
You will also have the option of posting your resume and other information. Please be aware that any information you post as part of your User Profile will be accessible to all users of the HomeOwnersCircle.com, as well as all users of the Sales Spider Network, which includes the Home Owners Circle website itself and any third party small business or other networking websites which Home Owners Circle hosts for third parties (the "Sales Spider Network").
You can also choose to opt out of a newsletter later by clicking the ["Unsubscribe" link] included on the bottom of every newsletter you receive from us. You may also pick and choose which emails or newsletters you wish to receive by changing your Email Settings [My Account>E-Mail Options] within your personal account in HomeOwnersCircle.com.
As a registered user of the HomeOwnersCircle.com, you can opt out of receiving emails or newsletters from HomeOwnersCircle.com and Home Owners Circle at any time by changing your Email Settings [My Account>E-Mail Options]. When you submit personally identifying information during the sign up process, if the information might be used to allow third parties to contact you (e.g., to email you offers or newsletters), then you will be notified at the time of submission. Your user information will only be provided to third parties from whom you opted to receive information. Your password will never be provided to any third party. You can also choose to opt out of a newsletter by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link included on the bottom of every newsletter you receive through HomeOwnersCircle.com or by changing your Email Settings [My Account>E-Mail Options] within your personal account in HomeOwnersCircle.com.
1. Cookies: Like many website operators, we use "cookies" to recognize your web browser. A "cookie" is a small piece of information that is stored in a designated file on your computer. Each cookie has a unique number with no meaning outside of the Website. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information about our visitors.
We may use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. Session ID cookies terminate when you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be stored on a hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies can be removed by following directions found under "help" in your internet browser. You can configure your browser not to accept cookies however, if you do so, you may not be able to use certain optional features or functions of HomeOwnersCircle.com.
2.Log Files: Like many website operators, we use tracking programs that collect information about log files, including Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, internet service providers (ISPs), referring/exit pages, platform types, date/time stamps and number of clicks. The information that we collect regarding log files is not linked to personally identifying information.
3.Web Beacons/Web Bugs (Clear GIFs/ Single-Pixel GIFs): Advertisements that appear on our website are sometimes delivered by third party advertisers. These third party advertisers may use web beacons or web bugs to recognize your computer each time they send you an advertisement in order to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising content. In this way, they may compile information about where individuals using your computer or browser saw their advertisements and determine which advertisements are clicked. No personally identifying information is gathered through web beacons or web bugs.
Personally identifying information that you voluntarily submit may be used for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. For example, if you voluntarily submit personally identifying information to receive a newsletter from a third party advertiser, the information that your submit will be used by that advertiser to send you the newsletter and to communicate with you.
Personally identifying information may be shared with third-parties to the extent necessary to accomplish the purpose(s) for which the information was submitted. For example, if you use HomeOwnersCircle.com to receive a newsletter from one of our advertisers and the newsletter is sent by a third party on behalf of that advertiser, then the third party will have access to your email address for the purposes of sending you the newsletter.
We may use information collected from cookies and other tracking technology to recognize your browser when you visit HomeOwnersCircle.com and to facilitate easy login to HomeOwnersCircle.com, to attempt to personalize HomeOwnersCircle.com for each user, to ensure that your browser does or does not see the same ad over and over again, to sequence ads and offers in a series and to track page usage and paths. We may also use collected information to allow editorial content and/or advertising on the Website to be targeted to groups of users for whom it is most pertinent. This means that users see editorial content and/or advertising most likely to interest them. In connection with these uses, we may disclose information to third parties, but only in aggregate form.
In connection with these uses, third parties that provide support for the operation of HomeOwnersCircle.com or features thereof may also have access to such information. In all cases, however, we will use the information only as permitted by law.
We may use collected information to create aggregate statistics about activity on and visitors to HomeOwnersCircle.com, including, the number of return visits to HomeOwnersCircle.com or our advertisers' websites, the number of unique visitors that have viewed or "clicked" a particular ad or visited a particular web page and how much time is spent on each page of HomeOwnersCircle.com. We may also create aggregate demographic statistics.
We may use these aggregate statistics to measure interest in various areas of HomeOwnersCircle.com, to better design HomeOwnersCircle.com and to improve our marketing strategy and product offerings. We may share the aggregate statistical information with third parties.
If you voluntarily supply personally identifiable information that includes contact information, we may, from time to time, contact you or give your contact information to third parties so that they may contact you, to call your attention to products or services that may be of interest to you. When you submit personally identifying information, if the information might be used by a third party, then you will be given the opportunity, at the time of submission, to decline to receive such communications. If you decline at that time, you will not receive such communications from third party utilizing the personally identifiable information collected on HomeOwnersCircle.com. You can choose to opt out of communications from Home Owners Circle by changing your Email Settings [My Account>E-Mail Options] within your personal account in HomeOwnersCircle.com or by clicking the "Unsubscribe" button included on the bottom of every email you receive from us.
We use reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard personally identifying information against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Personally identifying information may also be stored on computers of third parties that provide technical support for the operation of HomeOwnersCircle.com. As effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. Moreover, we cannot guarantee that information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us.
As described above in Section II A, B, C, D, and E, certain uses of collected information may involve disclosure to third parties. In addition, we may disclose collected information in the good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, or when doing so is reasonably necessary to: (1) comply with the law or legal process; (2) respond to any claims; (3) protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Home Owners Circle, Inc. and their subsidiaries and affiliates, as well as either party's customers, users or the public; or (4) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of HomeOwnersCircle.com. In addition, collected information may be disclosed as part of any bankruptcy, merger, sale, transfer of company assets or acquisition.
During your visit to HomeOwnersCircle.com you may view as part of a frame that includes our content, certain content and websites that are actually created, operated, owned and/or hosted by a third party or third parties. You may also see links on HomeOwnersCircle.com to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of those third parties when providing personally identifying information.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifying information from or about children under the age of 13. By submitting any personally identifying information, you certify that you are at least 13 years of age. If we discover that we have received any information from or about a child under 13 in violation of this statement, we will delete that information. If you believe that we have collected personally identifying information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at the address provided in the "QUESTIONS" section below.
If you have any more questions, please email our webmaster at support@HomeOwnersCircle.com, or write to:
Sales Spider, Inc.
101 Duncan Mill Road, Suite 405
Toronto, Ontario M3B 1Z3